Goals: to use visual cues; to expand vocabulary
- Divide the class into two teams. Write a list of words or
expressions on the chalkboard that students will act out.
- Beginning level: parts of the body; names of animals
- Intermediate level: classroom activities; sports activities
- Advanced level: idiomatic expressions; adverbs
- The first person on Team 1 acts out one of the words or expressions.
The other members of this person's team guess which item he or she is
pantomiming within 60 seconds or lose their turn. If they guess
correctly, they earn one point. If they guess incorrectly, the other
team gets a chance to guess and possibly earn a point for their team.
- Then the first person on Team 2 acts out another word or expression.
Play continues in this manner until all the items on the chalkboard
have been guessed.